REGISTER NOW FOR FREE NSS NMC UPDATE SEMINAR TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION ON NEW CHANGES TO NMC REGISTRATION. FIND OUT HOW THE NEW CHANGES WILL AFFECT YOU!!!
Date Friday 9 August 2019 6PM – 9 PM
Date Friday 16 August 2019 6PM – 9 PM
Changes relating to overseas
NMC Plans to launch a new, streamlined overseas registration process for nurses and midwives at the end of September 2019.
New online application form
NMC is moving its online application form into NMC Online to make it more straightforward to apply. Candidates will get their own NMC Online account where they’ll be able to track their application’s progress throughout.
Instead of having to download and post paper forms to us, candidates will be able to complete their application and upload supporting documents online.
We’ll also be able to ask their referees for supporting declarations directly to cut down on having to go back and forth to get things right.
What we’ve changed so far
Where we could do so quickly and safely, we’ve already acted on feedback and made improvements to the process.
Test of competence
- Updated OSCE resit policy – candidates now only have to re-sit the part of the OSCE that they failed
- Improved preparation materials – we’ve aligned OSCE preparation materials across our three test sites, produced ‘top tips’ for candidates and introduced a mock examination and marking criteria to support candidates preparing for the OSCE examination
- Reduced cost – we reduced the overall cost of the test of competence by more than 20 percent – the cost of the CBT reduced from £130 to £90; the full cost of OSCE from £992 to £794 and the resit cost of the OSCE from £496 to £397
- Updated English language requirements – we now accept an overall score of 7.0 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS) with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and a minimum of 7.0 in listening, reading and speaking
- Removed 12 months’ post registration experience requirement